Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cleaning your makeup brushes

I cleaned my makeup brushes a different way this past weekend and it really got them cleaned and they didn't take long to dry.  I used baby shampoo (bought from the dollar store) and vitamin E oil.  I then soaked them in a shallow bowl for about 5 minutes.  When it was time to wash I just made a paste like consistency in the palm of my hand with each brush and then ran it under luke warm water making sure to squeeze the water out until it ran clear.  Then I propped the brushes up so they could dry standing upwards with the applicator end facing downwards.  Make sure you dry the brushes standing up that way because if you dry them flat the water that is in the brush will go back up into the brush where the glue holds the bristles and it may loosen over time.  I dried them overnight and the next day it was like I had new brushes.  Everyone should try this out :)

Baby shampoo
Vitamin E oil


Both can be purchased at the local Dollar Store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment